Just a quick post to let everyone know we finally made it to Munich last night.
Our flight from London was about 2 hours late getting in, so we were not able to hit any of the Christmas Markets before they closed, but we did do a bit of wandering and found a nice beer hall for dinner. We’ll post more later today/this evening, but did discover that Internet connections are charged by the minute so they will most likely be brief.
Hotel Sofitel: I believe this is the most hardworking room I’ve ever experienced.
- Hidden behind the curtains is an expandable desk -I’m having Andrew install them in every corner of our house.
- The bath can be completely closed off for privacy -what’s the point in a king size bed? It may be difficult to see in this photo, but the entire bath can be closed w/a giant glass door hinged on barndoor mechanics.
- Additionally, there is one door that moves on another barndoor hinge between the toilet and shower. Who needs 2 doors?
- The trashcan is operated by a foot lever.
- The bathtub has 2 faucets: one waterfall deafening, one silent. Didn’t matter to me, the tub kept the water warm for a very long time. I almost drowned in it from falling asleep!
- The shower has to shower heads: one streaming, one waterfall.
- The TV oscillates and is on an articulated shelf
We’ve got footage on a little digicam (bathroom only folks!! sorry to disappoint), but we need to finalize the disk before we can upload it. Video Forthcoming!